THE GRAND PALACE & EMERALD BUDDHA HOW & WHEN IT WAS CONSTRUCTED.
THE GRAND PALACE BANGKOK HISTORY The Grand Palace Bangkok is man-made palace and temples. In the middle of Bangkok, on the banks of Bangkoks major the Chao Phraya river.
Construction began in 1782, King Rama the First. The key moved the capital city from 75 km near Bangkok to Bangkok known itself. Divided into many areas EG: The Temple of the Emerald Buddha; The Grand Palace is currently mostly open to the public.
Additions and rebuilding being made by successive reigning Kings over two centuries of history, especially during 1853 -1910.
The palace was built entirely from wood. The next few years The King began replacing wood with brickwork. The King ordered his men to go the old capital city, Ayutthaya. Which was overwhelmed in 1767 with a war between Burma. They were instructed not to remove the bricks from existing any existing temples.
The bricks were moved down the Chao Phraya River by barges, to build the walls of The Grand Palace and The Temple of the Emerald Buddha.
The Kings of Thailand lived there at the palace since 1782. The Royal government were based on the grounds until 1925. The Grand Palace is still even used for some official events, and even some Royal ceremonies and state functions held there yearly. By 1925, the King, and Royal Family, government mostly moved from the Palace and to other residences.